With my hands tied behind my back

It's after the party. The ballroom is littered and empty. I am naked. My hands are tied behind my back. There is no music. The band is long gone. Yet, still I dance. I dance with a smile.

Monday, October 02, 2006

Colors

I was watching 60 minutes last night about the electroshock therapy they are doing directly on the brain as a treatment for depression.
I found this absolutely amazing.
I listened intently as the test subjects explained their experience.
Stated that they "were living in black and white" but didn't know it until suddenly they began to see the world around them in color. Colors everywhere. They weren't figuratively speaking either.
I related. I remembered the awesome brightness that I suddenly felt in Goda Yoga studio. All of a sudden I saw brightness. And that's when I realized I had been seeing everything in black and white.
Interesting.
And one subject mentioned how she was depressed about being depressed. Again I related. I always felt that it was an endless cycle.
I smiled to myself, knowing that I had successfully come out of a depression. That my depression was indeed real. And that I was not alone in my transformation process out of it.
It's been a year and a half since I took my last dose of anti-depressents. It feels really good to be so far away from that. But it also feels good to know that it was real.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, yes. Depression is real.
I had this 'rushing' feeling. of needing to rush from one project to another, to stay ahead of 'quiet' time. Because, you know, if I stopped...I would sink into it. fall continuously.
It made me anxious. But, I am coming out of it now.
and my deep quiet time breaths...feel sooo goood. :)

i am very glad you can look back on it now, and acknowledge it's exhistance and the role it played in your life, and how it has transformed you today.
um...yeah. :)
~amy

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home