With my hands tied behind my back

It's after the party. The ballroom is littered and empty. I am naked. My hands are tied behind my back. There is no music. The band is long gone. Yet, still I dance. I dance with a smile.

Monday, September 18, 2006

Little less bows and a lot more skin

It's a good thing I'm a flexible person. Pisces tend to just go with the flow. I can still pout a bit though, I'm allowed.

I was supposed to sign divorce papers finally this past Friday. Didn't happen. Instead we had a pow wow on an issue we just can't seem to come to terms with. I've given in where I thought it wouldn't hurt. I've taken less than I'm probably due. I've communicated and worked hard to try to come to terms. But this one last issue I will not give in. It involves the children and I will do whatever I need to do to keep their best interest in mind. Mother first. So anyways, Friday was a pow wow with attorneys present and we did come to terms eventually about this last issue and new paperwork is being drawn up and I did get my way for the time being. So not a complete waste of time, but still disappointed that yet again, no papers have been signed. I'm over it. Moving on.

I cancelled the dinner and drinks "finally-signed-divorce-papers" celebration with the girls Friday night, Bummer. Nothing to celebrate. Decided to save it for a rainy day. But instead Saturday, attended my first Roller Derby. If you ever have a chance to go to a roller derby, make sure you're there! It was too cool. A bunch of cute gothy chics in short skirts and stockings putting hockey players to shame. I have to admit, I was there for the cat fights. I sat in "suicide alley" of course. They call it that because they can't gaurentee you won't end up w/ a derby girl flying at you. There were two cat fights right in front of me. No blood, but some pounding none the less. Right on. If only I was a stronger roller skater...

Saturday was chili and football in the afternoon. You should've seen SLJ's face when I announced that I was going to make chili for the game Saturday. He was thrilled. "You mean, we're watching the game again?" I have officially converted. I have changed my address with the USPS. I have taken my drivers test with the Ohio DMV. I have transferred records to a new dentist and a new vet. I have changed my income withholdings to Ohio. The only thing that was left was to purchase an Ohio State T-shirt and paint my face for game day. I am a full fledged Buckeye. Hey, if it makes my man smile like that... I'll do it every Saturday.

So... I'm watching the game and I caught a few z's during 2nd quarter. I wake up, a little groggy, trying my hardest to get back into the game. Trying to pay attention and be a good fan. I glance to the TV to see the boy going for the touchdown. I sit up hastily, scream "Go boy. Go boy. Go boy. Yes! Touchdown." And I'm actually feeling a little of what I like to call football fanatisicm for once in my life. I had the couch pillow squeezed hard between my thighs. I think my arms were up in the air and fists were clutched tight in victory stance. And I look to SLJ to confirm the play but he has this weird look on his face as he's looking back at me. And then I realize... "Oh. That was a replay clip wasn't it." Um. Yah. Oh Frell. I tried. And once again I got a "Crazy girl" from my SLJ. He'd be so meloncholy if it wasn't for me. I think my only argument with college ball is the fact that the cheerleaders still wear bows in their hair. Um, hello. Aren't we in our 20's now. Can't we be a little more like the NFL cheerleaders? A little more skin a lot less bows and ribbons? Stars on ice show more skin than that. Just a suggestion.

I was getting all stoked about this years Halloween party. I've changed my mind. The party is off. It was going to be too much of a hassle and a strain on the budget, especially now that Andi sent me that money windfall email and I didn't forward it to 12 people. Snarl. Grrr. But realistically, I could remodel the entire bathroom for what I would spend out on a Halloween party where 5 people would show. I sorta (Okay fully) pouted all day yesterday about it, but came up with an alternative plan. Apparently our neighborhood trick-or-treats consistently every Halloween, so I decided to dress the front porch up for all the trick-or-treaters. And I volunteered to be part of Thing 2's "Fall Harvest Party" at school. And I still have my traditions with the kids that I get to make SLJ and son a part of now which is very exciting. And there's a masquerade ball at the college that I can go to. And a local haunted corn field that SLJ raves about. So really, I'm still stoked. It's just a shame because I can throw a killer party. I'm over it. Moving on. Making Halloween brownies w/ the Things tonight. Next week it's dirt pie and The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown. And there's still the Ghost of John song. And Nutter Butter Ghosts. And weenie roasts. And carrot cake with cream cheese icing. And Ghost in the Graveyard. And pumpkin carving. I've still got a plentiful bag of tricks. Maybe we'll even try making caramel apples this year. It's all good.
Any Halloween traditions you'ld like to share?
Popcorn balls anyone?

4 Comments:

Blogger Abadiebitch said...

For the last four/five years we have been doing Harry Potter marathons..........

Their carrot cake always look so yummmy....

6:15 PM  
Blogger Unhinged said...

Oogie is so dead for sending me that money windfall thing that fell through. (Well, unless you count that it was payday ... but I don't see how you can because payday is payday, not a friggen windfall.)

So yeah. Oogie's toast.

As for the party? Woman, you can decorate out the wazoo and play the music. And maybe have one couple over ... man, I'd so be there. No body deocrates for Halloween better than you do! Don't give up on that. I know you love that.

I saw a chocolate bundt cake decorated as a pumpkin today in a Mrs. Fields magazine. I wanted it. Badly.

12:18 AM  
Blogger Gordy said...

Well, I sure understand the stress of the paper signing. Honest, even when the two of you are getting along pretty well it is still hard or difficult. I received the judge signed papers in the past week to remind me that it is completely over. I was like you, I gave in where it made sense and really didn't hurt. I was considerate where it mattered. She's been kind back in response. Yet, none of this is easy. I've not considered celebration to be the appropriate word. Heck, even closure seems vastly over rated. Its just something that had to be done.

10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there
your still here. :)
I found your link through
another blog.
I have changed email and AOL
accounts, that's one of the reasons why I had left. one.
but, I came back in to say hi.
and hope you are doing, very well these days!

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home