With my hands tied behind my back

It's after the party. The ballroom is littered and empty. I am naked. My hands are tied behind my back. There is no music. The band is long gone. Yet, still I dance. I dance with a smile.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Boobs or Bon Bons?

I'm a semi crafty girl. I really shine at Halloween. Pull out your Elvira wig Andi, cause I have officially started planning my Halloweenie Party. I am seriously stoked. I have an official folder in my file cabinet titled "Halloween." I'm making a list of all the cool ideas as they come to me. And as I'm making this list I'm trying to recall some of the cool ideas from previous years.

As I was thinking back I remembered the awesome chocolates my mom makes. And then I remembered when I tried to help; I avoided the making of chocolates scene for years because it just looks tedious. It fell into that catagory of knitting for me. I just can't seem to sit and concentrate long enough to make these tiny little ornate chocolates. There was the fact that my hands trembeled from the anti-depressants so a straight line was impossible. And the fact that I was playing in chocolate and more ended up in my mouth than in the molds. And the fact that my mom turns into a chocolate making machine like the Dunkin Donuts guy and it's completely unbearable to be around her at said point. I'd just smile and run through the kitchen.

I finally took a crack at it last year. I thought I'd sit down and make gorgeous caramel filled bon bons for the lovely people in my life. I called on my craftiness and remeniced on the film Chocolat that I so completly adored and began to work. I think I sat for like 4 hours trying to make these artful bon bons. My first batch came out of the mold and I realized I had made artful delicious looking boobs. I seriously made chocolate boobs. With little nipples even. I just about died laughing at my craftiness.

Clearly I should stick to party planning. I can plan every detail of an office retreat for 50 plus people in Chicago or Cincinnati for an entire weekend, but apparently I cannot make bon bons. My powers are limited.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home