With my hands tied behind my back

It's after the party. The ballroom is littered and empty. I am naked. My hands are tied behind my back. There is no music. The band is long gone. Yet, still I dance. I dance with a smile.

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Do you think I'm pretty?

I got out of the shower this morning and my wet hair was all askew/disheveled. (I have stupid hair that I have to spray "No more tangles" in and comb thru every morning after my shower. Sometimes it can be quite painful.) This morning, I climbed out, towel dried the wet mop and looked up to see SLJ standing there having a conversation with me. With my hair all disheveled, hanging over my eyes in chaotic tangles, I looked at him cross-eyed and said in my very best I am Sam voice, "Do you think I'm pretty?"

I got a chuckle and yet another "Crazy Girl" from him.

This reminded me of my Teneille. Teneille has been my friend since our sweat pant and New Kids on the Block days in fifth grade. In fact, I'm sure there are pictures floating around somewhere of us dressed up in an evening gown with our chests stuffed and puckered bright pink lipsticked lips. The words "You mine tonight Ba-be" lingering in my mind.

Oh the stupid fun we had.

So that "Do you think I'm pretty?" was for you, Ten... And for hairspray, curling irons, razors and Danzig. At least I never had a rat tail or an Ariaga. D'oh!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unhinged said...

Only guys had rat tails, right? I dunno. I don't remember much of those years ... each time I fall and hit my head, I destroy a number of brains cells. I'm just a'coastin'.

I have never heard (read) about an ariaga, though. What is it? I want pictures.

11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home