With my hands tied behind my back

It's after the party. The ballroom is littered and empty. I am naked. My hands are tied behind my back. There is no music. The band is long gone. Yet, still I dance. I dance with a smile.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Okay, I get it. Nuff said.

My fifth grader graduated elementary school last night. I didn't cry. I'm cried out. He made me laugh a few times though. Seems like they had to create a power point slide of/about themselves to show as the audience was arriving and being seated. (Hi my name is _____ ______, my favorite school memory is ______ . And their fifth grade picture pasted in.) MY SON chose to be the clown. (Imagine that) His power point wasn't legible because his words and picture were gravitating all over the slide at warp speed Mr. Sulu. Made the audience chuckle. Yes, that's MY kid, who never takes life too seriously.

And then he told his father that he didn't need to dress up. So he graduated in his t-shirt and ripped/faded jeans. Classic. Even AFTER I told him that morning to make sure he dressed-up a little. For pulling one over on his father, I think he might be getting that long over due hair cut he so dreads. Let's just say his father wasn't happy. I could hear the buzz of the hair clippers as we walked out.

Then, after the ceremony, he brought his "class carnation" over to myself and my mother. Split it in half and gave me the flower end and my mother the stem. Yes, this is the child I have raised. Why am I smiling?

In other news, I'm officially living w/ SLJ as of last night!! I stopped at the store for a bottle of wine, then drove thru amish country on my way HOME. I passed a church sign that read "God is your refuge." I smiled. Yes, I saw it. Yes, I'm paying attention. (The sign read differently on my way thru this morning. Weird.)

Then thru amish country on my way HOME, I passed several horses in the pastures and a total of FIVE colts. I even got to see one of the colts run across the pasture as I drove by. I giggled like a little girl.

I may have lost a lot over the last year, but what I have gained is so much more valuable. It's all okay.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unhinged said...

You rock, sissy girl! I'm so glad you met SLJ and that you have a plot of land to squash old, mushy taters into.

You ARE okay. Nothing going to BE, but ARE.

Now. What tuh hell did the sign say on the way back? Eggs ferocious dog?

Expee-alla-do-shus!

Well, shit.

11:13 PM  
Blogger tiny dancer said...

sign on the way back thru read something like "Pastor Dan and Barb May whatever whatever"...
Nothing gripping or obvious about that.
But thru amish country I do see a lot of signs that say "EGGS".
I love seeing the horsies on my drive! Love it. Especially all the colts...must've been a busy winter for all those horsies! "Bow chica wow wow..."

11:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site...
Six months on lexapro Fico d&aposindia arlecchino varese http://www.diet-pill-adipex.info slot machine Mt mansfield hiking maps montana hiking Tri-city ford Affiliatesdirectory com affiliate programs business jefferson county colorado hiking trails womens hiking shoes hiking to hidden falls grand tetons Closeout ladies hiking chrysler 300 body kits driver select car http://www.pennsylvania-vacation.info/Hiking-gear.html antivirus online online braided area rug auctions http://www.hiking-18.info Valentin lingerie Ira tax savings

1:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. »

2:26 AM  
Blogger Judith HeartSong said...

things sound good... I am happy for you:)

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home