With my hands tied behind my back

It's after the party. The ballroom is littered and empty. I am naked. My hands are tied behind my back. There is no music. The band is long gone. Yet, still I dance. I dance with a smile.

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Unconditional Love of God

I strive to know what unconditional love is.
I know first hand what conditional "love" is.
I try very hard to see love and beauty in everything.
I try very hard not to criticize or judge.
But I know there is always a degree that I do.

I hear and see things happen around me everyday,
that for some reason just don't seem right.
Often times these things are indirectly related to me,
but none the less they hurt and anger me.
I take them to heart and weep about their origin.

It is true that I struggle with religion.
I do not, however, struggle with my faith in God.
I struggle with congregations and ideas of man.
I struggle with conformity.
I hardly ever see unconditional love in the masses.
And that is why I segregate myself from religion.

Yesterday, I heard something that crushed my soul.
It came out of the mouth of someone I cherish deeply.
It was a simple statement of a religious rule,
believed to be true to this person
and I'm sure believed to be true by the masses.
It didn't relate to me directly,
but indirectly it still hurt me.
Everybody thinks they hold the answers.
Everybody thinks that their rules are THE rules.
But there was no love in that statement only rejection.
My God loves unconditionally, completely and without complexities or pride.
There is never rejection.

I found a few passages today that spoke to me relating to the statement said.
An excerpt called "The Department of Interior" by Linda Hogan.

Such ridicule is the same kind of thinking that allowed for genocide.A thinking that has no imagination, no place for respect, empathy, or compassion,no love.

We struggle with the brokenness of our bodies and hearts,with hungers never fulfilled,with self destruction in the forms of suicide, alcoholism, and child abuse that is a hatred of what comes from the body.


It is our task, and the work of others, to return to and hold dear the beautiful, flawed, embodied spirit alive in its imperfect matter.

We are in need of an integrity of being that recognizes this disregarded inner world.I mean integrity in the true sense of this world, the sense that addresses a human wholenessand completeness, and entirety of living, with body,land and the human self in relationship with all the rest,and with a love that remembers itself.

If I could've spoke at that moment instead of resenting, this entry is what I wish I would have said.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel the same way...I think that people who try to shove their religious beliefs and rules down someone else's throat are reprehensible.

I grew up Catholic and believe me when I say that MANY Catholics are huge hypocrites. They think that they can backstab, gossip, hurt, and put down others six days of the week as long as they go to church on Sunday and ask for forgiveness.

My God sees through that crap and so do I.

1:22 PM  
Blogger Robbie said...

Beautifully said.

"My God loves unconditionally, completely and without complexities or pride.
There is never rejection."

I think the biggest problem is that everyone has their own god. No one is right. And, definitely not the mass mentality either. However, that person's words of rejection are no less right than yours, in their mind anyhow. Words like that hurt when we own them or presume them to be wrong. I just look at individuals as being on their own personal journey of enlightenment. From where I stand, I can't tell where I am along my path so I sure as hell can't tell where you stand. And, if that's the case, then you can't tell where I stand either. So, I guess I'll just have to have a little faith and ignore most of the chit I hear. :-)

Yo woman! Whasssup!!! ;-p

12:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a lone star ringtone site/blog. It pretty much covers ##KEYWORD## related stuff.
Ringtoneplaats provides mobile media ringtones,wallpapers,logos,java games and more!!!.
Download new and latest java games,ringtones wallpapers,logos,videos and more on your mobile or cellphones.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home