With my hands tied behind my back

It's after the party. The ballroom is littered and empty. I am naked. My hands are tied behind my back. There is no music. The band is long gone. Yet, still I dance. I dance with a smile.

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Material

It's really hard to let go of things. Material possessions have a way of locking on. I've lost a few things lately. Nostalgic childhood possessions stolen from me.
Those 70's DC Comic mirrors that belonged to us as kids. Always reminded me of running around in our Super hero underoos.
That highschool newspaper with my pregnant self on the front cover.
My childrens babybooks.
Katie and Tabs death announcements.

These are among a few things that were stolen from me. How do I get over that?

I don't understand, especially when there are things I have that I don't know what to do with...
An antique wedding gown.
A diamond engagement ring.
A wedding band.
A 16x20 family picture.
A VHS tape of my wedding.

I just don't understand material possesions. Why couldn't those things have been stolen?

I'm sure there is... ah... I get it. Never mind... lets see... has she really learned to let "things" go.

I can sit here and chronicle all of the things I've lost in the last year but I won't. Several things that have been really hard to let go of. Things given up by choices made, and things stolen, ripped from my life never to be seen again. A lesson in refuge. A lesson in being grateful for what you have. A lesson in knowing what really matters.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on!
» » »

6:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! » »

9:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it Generi celexa country interior designs Hair loss clinic contemporary design interior london interior designer selsey free vid pamela anderson with tommy lee

11:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info » »

9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home