With my hands tied behind my back

It's after the party. The ballroom is littered and empty. I am naked. My hands are tied behind my back. There is no music. The band is long gone. Yet, still I dance. I dance with a smile.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Colors

I watched the movie "The Family Stone" last night. I just have to say, what a spectacular, beautiful display of family disfunction. If you haven't seen this movie you are definitely missing something. This is one of those movies you just become a part of. You absorb the characters and their life and it touches something deep inside.Diane Keaton plays the mother in this family, and let me just say, I have never identified better with another mother. She plays this absolutely crazy mother, who wears her heart on her sleeve and that loves her children as part as herself. I love her role.There are so many beautiful scenes in this movie that brought tears to my eyes. Scenes that just seemed to hit home and just seemed to reach in yank out my liver. I had tears pooling throughout most of the film.
There is one scene where the character Thad stops in the doorway and admires his lover Patrick. That look. I've seen that look directed towards me. I cannot tell you the fulfillment that brings a person. One look that assures you that you are completely loved. The tears started rolling when I identified with the significance that look means. I am a very lucky woman to receive that look. I do not take it for granted at all. It fills my heart with such joy and satisfaction. I can't even explain it.
There are a couple of scenes that are just tear jerkers and just clone the exact feeling and picture of true unconditional love between mothers and children.
The dynamics of the Stone family just amazed me. Every single person in that family were perfectly disfunctional but somehow weaved and wound perfectly together to create such a solid family foundation. I think the theme I pulled from this film was, that everyone in the family was embraced and their differences and disfunctions were completely accepted which resulted in one big beautiful cornerstone.
We are all colored by the experiences we have. Not one of us is perfect, but perfectly imperfect. We are products of our own experiences which make us exactly who we are. I regret nothing, and I wouldn't change one experience, good or bad.
I am exactly who I want to be.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unhinged said...

Hee! I got to see the screening of this movie before it was released! None of the "stars" were present, just the writer and producer and some of the cast members. (You know. The REAL people.) I was wearing sweats at the time and wished I'd dressed to kill.

It was a good film. Made me laugh and cry. I was almost in physical pain watching Sarah Jessica Parker's character.

10:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work » »

6:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! shirts 17 cloverdale baseball unfinished corner bookcase for youth 1850 newspaper missouri sports section losing weight stopping effexor Ambien+withdrawal free shaved teen galleries Effexor vs oxycontin and twitching When to start wearing maternity clothes during pre Whole house circuit breaker football gambling online sitescom Suck and hand job state farm home insurance moving services 20mg oxycontin for $36

9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home