With my hands tied behind my back

It's after the party. The ballroom is littered and empty. I am naked. My hands are tied behind my back. There is no music. The band is long gone. Yet, still I dance. I dance with a smile.

Sunday, April 23, 2006

My toes are green

Parent teacher conferences went well. The little boogers are excelling. Even brought some grades up from last semester. Alls well in that area. I think I was just overly concerned and feeling a wee bit guilty.

I met with the STBX on Friday. He tried to bulldoze me. Tried for about a half hour. Then I looked him in the eyes and told him exactly how things were going to happen. Exactly what to expect from me. I showed no fear. My lip didn't quiver. My hands didn't shake. I was cool as a cucumber. He could make it easy or difficult. The choice was his. He chose to make things easy. I get what I want. I should have papers to sign in a couple of weeks.

It was a rough week. With the health issues... and the P/T conferences... and the meeting w/ the STBX...and I had some work related chaos thrown in for good measure. I survived it. And my weekend has rewarded me.

I got my garden tools out of storage. Lawn mower, tiller, shovels, weed eater etc...
I mowed SLJ's lawn today. My toes are green now. I heart to mow the lawn. I'm weird like that.
I mowed while he prepped for the new landscaping project.
I finished the lawn. Took a quick spin on the 4-wheeler. Walked up to SLJ to admire his work and was told...
"I'm going to fill this whole area w/ dirt and you can plant whatever you like, angel."

Did you hear that? I get to plant whatever I like.