With my hands tied behind my back

It's after the party. The ballroom is littered and empty. I am naked. My hands are tied behind my back. There is no music. The band is long gone. Yet, still I dance. I dance with a smile.

Monday, May 08, 2006

What a beautiful weekend it was. The weather was just gorgeous! I had such positive enthusiasm last week. It was amazing.

I worked hard on my business venture last week. Writing the plan. The words were just flowing. Amazing inspirations and motivation. The research just made sense and clicked. I felt very empowered.In doing the research, I also educated myself on a few things. My research brought me back to the earth, making me feel a part of the one big world. Reminded me of my substance and purpose.

I also survived two doctors appointments last week. With shaking hands, I faced down another demon. My fear brought out the kindest eyes in my doctor. He has been my doctor for 12 years now and never have I seen such caring bedside manner. The weirdest part was the nurse. I didn't say anything, but I think she was the same exact nurse who witnessed her first birth when I delivered my youngest son 8 years ago. I'm positive that was her. Interesting how we were united like that. I remember her excitement 8 years ago when she was witnessing a miracle. I was excited to give her that experience. And amazed that it took 8 years for us to come back around in a time where I was fearful. Karma.

The STBX and I had a few telephone conversations last week. A couple things about the kids and a couple things about the divorce. What was absolutely amazing is that we were actually friendly and civil and listened and agreed. That's a big step. The anger and bitterness has lifted. On a side note: we should be signing papers this week or next. Everything is pretty well agreed upon. Moving on.

SLJ, my parents and myself moved some of my furniture out of storage and into my new home (SLJ's house). We got to my storage unit to find the dead bolt missing. Gone. I was panicking to raise the door. Hoping my stuff was still there. Relieved to find most of it still there. Someone had cut the dead bolt. Someone had invaded and stole. Andi, they stole my elliptical machine. That seems to be all they took. I'm trying to recall what else might be missing, but I think that's all they took. I'm puzzled. I had to deal with the "loss of security" feeling. That feeling like my space had been invaded and disrespected. I hate that feeling. It's the same feeling that I had in highschool when my car was broke into. The same feeling I had when DK threatened me on the phone. I abhore that feeling. It didn't stop me from totally loving the fact that I had my couch back. I cuddled up and fell asleep on it while SLJ arranged his house to welcome my long lost stuff. It's been almost 10 months without my old stuff around me. It was a good feeling. I was looking forward to getting back on that elliptical machine too, but this morning I decided to flip the "perspective switch" and realize that it was time for the machine to be passed on. Andi empowered herself and worked her knees to death on it before her surgeries. She then passed it on to me when I started my weight loss adventure last year during the whole "STBX looks matter crisis." I empowered myself, got my heart rate up, lost a few pounds. And now, hopefully, someone else will benefit from the karma of the machine and empower themselves. I can let go of it knowing that maybe someone is using it to fight their cholesterol or heart disease. It wasn't the object that I missed. It was the connection and I still have that. No one can take that away.

I also dug in the dirt and planted some geraniums at SLJ's house. We both did. Together. The dirt felt good on my hands. We had some good laughs and jokes together while we planted. It was small, but very huge. He got a peek into how Obsessive/compulsive/anal I can be. I swear I was just joking when I told him he wasn't doing it right. Har. It feels good to laugh again.

Up ahead, there are some more moving days. Can't wait to have my home together again. SLJ's is such a gracious and welcoming sanctuary. Brings smiles to my face. I'll snap a few pics to share the moment with ya'll.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unhinged said...

C, I love you! You so touch me and crack me up with your train of thoughts. I love what you said about the elliptical--that I killed myself boosting my knee strength before the surgeries (because I did). Those were good times. Scary times, but meeting fears head-on and coming out a winner is always a good thing.

Don't forget to snap the pics of SLJ's place. I want to see. Sniff.

11:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really hope that the anger and bitterness is gone forever. I've only been divorced for a year and a half now and it still comes and goes for me and my ex. Some days are better than others.

10:19 PM  
Blogger Kris said...

You lift my spirits in all your entries. I'm glad you had that burst of creativity and I'm looking forward to hearing more about it.

P.S. The Family Stone- got a little misty toward the end of that myself.

2:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! » » »

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home