With my hands tied behind my back

It's after the party. The ballroom is littered and empty. I am naked. My hands are tied behind my back. There is no music. The band is long gone. Yet, still I dance. I dance with a smile.

Monday, January 09, 2006

What am I waiting for?

Hurry up and wait.
I'm waiting for that phone to ring any second and for either the STBX or the realtor to tell me we have an offer on the house. It's been 3-4 months now with several showings but no offers. I'm just waiting and when it does...wooo hooo, I've got major things to do. Then I'll be able to really start looking for my new home. I've been combing the market since September. I've looked and been interested in a few homes...but I can't do a thing until mine is sold. Equity money from old home = down payment for new home.

What I have been doing is gathering the home furnishings while I wait. Just need a few more things and I'll be all set. Just gathering and waiting. Waiting on that phone call.

I'm also waiting for my settlement papers. The STBX's attorney is supposedly drawing them up. I'm hoping to have them in a couple of weeks to review and revise. The STBX filed late November. Our 60 day wait period will be over in 13 days. Any day now I should be getting a call from my attorney telling me to stop by so we can review the papers.

Just waiting. While I'm waiting, I'm getting those "final touches" addressed and taken care of.

I hear the ho-hum drum of life marching on. Just marching to the beat and trying to be present. I just want those damn dominoes to fall already.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home