With my hands tied behind my back

It's after the party. The ballroom is littered and empty. I am naked. My hands are tied behind my back. There is no music. The band is long gone. Yet, still I dance. I dance with a smile.

Monday, January 02, 2006

Well?

I know Sneakz and Morelli are DYING to know what I finally decided to wear for NYE...

(Feel free to make good use of that scroll thingy here) - I ended up going shopping Friday. I drug my youngest son to the clothing store with me and made him endure several trips to the changing rooms. He was such a good sport. He truly loves me. He didn't complain once and he did very politely let me know when it was time to go. After a couple of different outfits that I just couldn't commit to, I had decided to scrap the whole idea, we were on the way to the exit empty handed when it hit me..."What would Gigi wear?" Considering I've only been around Gigi thrice (and once she was wearing pajamas) I had limited resource. I remember going out with Gigi last year sometime and she was wearing a simple black turtleneck sweater and jeans...but she looked HOT. Trust me, she always looks fabulous. So, low and behold, right there at the exit was a simple black turtleneck sweater. It looked great with my denim mini and my black hooker boots and silver hoop earrings. No pics. Sorry. I thought about it...but that's as far as it got. I got rave reviews from every member of my household, including my dad. And throughout the NYE night, I got several compliments from friends and strangers. So...Thanks for being there for me Gigi! Well done.

I was nervous all day Saturday. This was my very first official blind date and I was freaking. Please God, don't let him have this big hairy mole on his cheek that I'll be staring at all night. Please God, don't let him be a complete ass. Please God, don't let me go over my drinking limit and tell everyone how the STBX is a "bitch." I was a complete wreck. I decided I seriously needed to just chill so I popped in my Ani DiFranco CD (needed that strong woman power vibe), lit a scented candle and took a hot shower. All which totally did the trick. I was calm, cool and collected. I was going to have a great time. I was going to really, really, really enjoy saying GOODBYE to 2005. See Ya. Adios. Bon Voyage. Get the hell outta here. Don't call me, I'll call you. Aloha.

I met my friend Tracy at her house and we drove to the comedy club together. She let me stand and take a deep breath right before entering the club. I met my date. Very attractive. Nice man. His name is Darren. It was a bit awkward at first, idle chit chat and all. But by the end of the night we were laughing, dancing and having a GREAT time (side note: Darren doesn't dance, at least not until he met me. Hee hee.) 2006 started very well and I had a great time with some really great people. I even met some new people and we toasted to "New Relationships." I couldn't have asked for a better night. I didn't even have to deal with a hang over. I did have to deal with the lack of sleep...I didn't get to bed until 5am, after laughing so hard my cheeks hurt, and dancing in my hooker boots for half the night. - I was pretty well worn out. Just not as young as I used to be. (Who am I kidding? I've never felt so good in my life.)

And to top it all off, as I lay in bed (still recouping) welcoming the second day of my new year...I got a phone call from my Morelli. I must've done something right to deserve such a great beginning to this year. What else could a girl want?

Resolutions: I usually scrap New Years Resolutions, but this year they just feel "right."
1. Forgive, forget and just be HAPPY.
2. Work on those "boundaries"- I live my own life...no one else lives it for me.
3. And as cliche' as it sounds...lose that last 8 lbs. Just do it. - Today I started that same fitness plan that lost me my last 24 lbs. This last 8 lbs. will be a walk in the park. And it feels good doing it for ME, because I want to and because there is no one telling me I have to. Something about that just feels right.

Cheers to everyone! Lets toast to new beginnings everyday. And Thank You for being such a beautiful part of my life. XO

6 Comments:

Blogger Unhinged said...

Woo-hoo! I'm so happy you had a great time and that the date was goodlooking and nice! Your outfit sounds just perfect. Things really seemed to fall into perfect alignment for this night, huh? (Yaay!)

6:59 PM  
Blogger Kris said...

These boots are made for walkin-er dancing!

No wardrobe is complete without 'em.

Sounds like a great time and you certainly deserve more fun times in '06.

Cheers!
Kris

7:57 PM  
Blogger redsneakz said...

I'm SO with you on the Valentine's Day boycott. I'm glad you had a great time.

9:05 PM  
Blogger Gigi said...

I'm sorry ~ I'm catching up and only just saw this. I am laughing my ass off; thank you for the 'WWGW?'! It made my day. Although for the record, I've put on so much weight lately I probably would have just worn those pajamas.

I'm glad you had such a lovely New Year's Eve! (You can never really go wrong with hooker boots... :)

5:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read »

8:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! Nexium may cause Developing resistance to valtrex Rosacea medicamento Blood pressure lo Mobile phone insurance details tribal accounting Under counter drawer refrigerator

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home