With my hands tied behind my back

It's after the party. The ballroom is littered and empty. I am naked. My hands are tied behind my back. There is no music. The band is long gone. Yet, still I dance. I dance with a smile.

Friday, January 06, 2006

Motivation

I've very motivated so far this year. Granted it's only the 6th day of the New Year, but I'm organized and I identify what needs done and I'm preparing to do it. All of it.
The 60 day wait period for our divorce is in 2 weeks. The STBX filed late November, so all I have to do now is wait for the papers to come to me for my review. Still waiting...
In the meantime I've compiled a list of things that need to be taken care of before the divorce is final. A lot of these things involve the STBX's cooperation. The final touches, if you will.
1) I need to move my furniture and the rest of my stuff out of the house. The house is on the market and I had left all furniture there in the meantime so #1 the house would show better and #2 I had no room to store it otherwise. Now that "Daddys friend" is most likely staying overnights...I really need to get my stuff out. And honestly, let's do this while the weather is cooperating. I've arranged a storage unit, arranged a group of friends to help me move it and now I'm just trying to get the STBX to cooperate with a moving date. I'm not asking for his help in moving but there are things he needs to do to prepare for it, so I'm giving him a week or two to do so. He needs to make sure his stuff is out the file cabinet. Needs to get any food out of the chest freezer, etc...etc... He's not responding. I will not sign any papers until my stuff is totally out of that house.
2) I need to change the benificiary on my retirement funds. Again, the STBX has to sign off on it. It has to be notarized. I've made arrangements for it to be notarized and have asked for the STBX's cooperation once more. All he has to do is swing by my office one day after work. 3 minutes. That's it. Again, he's not responding and again, I will not sign any papers until he signs off.
3) I already dropped him from my health insurance, which is saving me $144 a month. Awesome. I gave him the heads up months ago and reminded him that he was eligible with his own employer. My lawyer sent his lawyer a notice. Never received the final word that he took care of it, but I dropped him and it's no longer my problem.
4) We are on the same shared minute cell phone plan. The plan is in my name and I pay the bill. I could've just dropped him at any time. But I didn't. I told him that he needs to start arranging for his own account. I've let him know that to make it easy all we have to do is call the company and transfer his service and # to his own account. I'll give him a few more days on this one.

And there's just a few more final touches that we need to do to complete this transaction. I'm just not understanding why he's not responding. We've been separated for five months. This has been coming for five months. He was the one that had to go file for divorce so that we could "move on." I'm just trying to go along with the plan. Hopefully he'll pull thru on this with a response in the next couple of days while I'm still motivated. Otherwise, I guess we'll do all this on "my time" when "I'm ready." I'm not bitching here, I'm just not understanding. Then again, I guess that's why we're in this "transaction" in the first place.

This is what I'm focusing on in January. February has been boycotted BTW, will not even take place...and I don't want to spend my spring finallizing these little things. Spring will hopefully be about selling the old house and finding the new house. Summer will hopefully be spent celebrating with key lime pie. And winter will hopefully find us settled into a new home celebrating the holidays and the successful last year. That's my one year plan. It's vague, it's general, but for a person that goes with the flow...it's good enough.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unhinged said...

You have a plan, goals, an end in sight. And that's good. That's exactly what you need to have.

Me so proud of you.

10:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. adult affiliate programs macromedia projector Golf tatoos job search

4:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home