With my hands tied behind my back

It's after the party. The ballroom is littered and empty. I am naked. My hands are tied behind my back. There is no music. The band is long gone. Yet, still I dance. I dance with a smile.

Friday, December 30, 2005

Panic attacks

I'm just a wee bit concerned. My son is playing "Mario" on the "Game Cube" and there's this "Chainchomp" thingy that honestly looks like a... um...butt bead. Who creates these characters anyways??

Ah, but that's not why I'm having a panic attack. I couldn't get to sleep last night because I'm trying to figure out what to wear for New Years Eve. I can't handle this stress! I have this really cute outfit to wear with my "Hooker Boots", but it's more of a "GNO" outfit, not a "NYE, Blind date" outfit. It's really cute though. Denim mini skirt, black leather hooker boots, army green short jacket over a lavender boob shirt... It's an awesome outfit...but it says "Prostitute" all over it. It's totally something I could wear to Babylon... so yeah, I've decided against it. Now, I'm back to square one. I so can't handle this stress. And it's not like I can ask anyone here for advice. If it was up to my dad, I'm sure I'd be wearing something that resembles a straight jacket. If it was up to my mom, I'd probably wear something with kittens or Tigger on it. If it was up to my kids...well, you get my point. I need help. This calls for a serious intervention.

Enough about that...I'm sure I've lost my only male reader by now. Hee hee.

So the end of this month has been pretty amazing. I've been reminising about all of my good friends and my family and how lucky I am to have such a great support system. I am very fortunate. I haven't had that overwhelming feeling of lonliness in a little while now. My friends have surrounded me. My friend, Smurphy, and I shared a Christmas Eve together. Trishy sent me a much needed and perfectly timed text message letting me know she loved me. My friend Taryn called me Christmas day just to say "Hey". Layli' called me from Iowa where she was spending time with her in-laws. My buddy Ray gave me a big hug before we left work and told me I was "the best X-Ray tech in the world." Andi flew all the way across the country for me...okay, so not just for me, but she took time out with her family to have lunch with me while she was here (and once again the poor soul listened to my "wine banter.") And that's just my friends... I am such a lucky girl. It's been a long time since I've felt this loved.

While talking to Andi over wine and fine italian, I reminised over where I was a year ago. I was in such a bad, dark place a year ago. It's amazing how much control I've taken over my life in the past year. It's amazing how much better life becomes when you pull the weeds and water the flowers from time to time. Andi said that it seemed like I'm "coming into my own." So it seems. Yeah me. Let's dance shall we?

So the STBX has forgiven me. Yup. Sent me another email letting me know I was forgiven. Great. Now I can so go on with my life now. WTF? So, I guess I should probably forgive him for going out and buying the boys the same Christmas gifts that I bought them, AFTER he called me to ask what I bought them. The nerve. Whatever. It doesn't really matter to me. I'm not letting anything he does get to me anymore. It seriously doesn't matter, it's like it's all bouncing right off of me. That means I'm healing right?

I took the in-laws out to lunch yesterday. It was our own little Christmas celebration. I'm really close to his grandparents. I've talked about them before. They are like my own and vice versa. The boys and I spent some time with the grandparents, the FIL and the SIL yesterday. It was just like usual. Nothing felt odd or missing. I didn't have a difficult time with it at all. And just as a side note: I assumed my SIL knew about the STBX's "friend"... but nope. No one knows about the friend, well, at least until yesterday they didn't. Oopsie. But my SIL asked if she could play some head games with the new friend when she finally does get to meet her. Ha. Um. Sure. Whatever you feel the need to do, it's out of my control. SIL said she'd probably make a few "oopsies" and call her "Carol." Ahhhh...that SIL, she's out of control and I might love it. I know, I know. It's terrible. But it's not like I told her to do it. It's out of my control and it's slightly funny.

Well, my mother has given me a list of chores to do today. No, I'm not kidding. So it seems that my computer time is up and I should get started on the chores if I want my allowance this week. We'll save that "I'm a grown woman" rant for another day...

7 Comments:

Blogger freeepeace said...

Wait. You're having a panic attack over choosing an outfit for NYE? Oh if life could be so simple all of the time, eh?

Blind date? Where are you going?

Glad to hear you and Andi got to spend time together.

Happy New Year! Have fun. Post pics of the chosen outfit, wouldja? Love you!

12:51 PM  
Blogger redsneakz said...

I just jumped over the part where you talk about your clothes. I heart my scroll wheel.

I know that you're dressing up for yourself and the women around you - but the secret about guys is that if it's not eye-catchingly ugly, we don't really pay attention to clothing. Seriously. Well, at least I don't.

1:08 PM  
Blogger Gigi said...

It's New Year's Eve ~ wear the prostitute outfit. Everybody else is.

Have fun and Happy New Year!

7:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hee. My accomplice was the ex-stepdaughter, who after finding out x's fiancee was younger than she was (him: 50, her: 22), was quite the thorn in the poor thing's side. It happens. Other people realize stupidity as well.

I'm with Trishy - post the pics, damnit!

12:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... » »

5:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

.




online business course


Hi matey and blog buddies, enjoyed the blog most interesting. Not sure how well you are doing in driving more traffic to your blog but If you are interested in promoting your site and getting more visitors (aren't we all??) I would definitely recommend the free Link Referral Program.

I have a website featuring online business course amongst other stuff and after trying every seo software/program on the net I got tipped off by an IT techi mate that the Link Referral Program was the best - more importantly it's free!!

The signup process was quick and before long my hits increased dramatically. Consequently my affiliate sales commissions and business sales went through the roof PLUS my website increased in google ranking which was an added bonus!!

If you didn't need this advice then I am sorry but you did have anonymous posting enabled on your blog. If anyone else has any good ideas for driving more traffic to blogs/websites then please share with your online business blog buddies. Ta ;-)









the Link Referral Program

.

4:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a cell funny joke phone text site/blog. It pretty much covers ##KEYWORD## related stuff.

10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home