With my hands tied behind my back

It's after the party. The ballroom is littered and empty. I am naked. My hands are tied behind my back. There is no music. The band is long gone. Yet, still I dance. I dance with a smile.

Friday, December 23, 2005

I'm happy, damnit!

It's Christmas weekend. I don't have to be back to work for another 11 days. I won't be seeing my children until Monday night. There is very little that I'm looking forward to this weekend. I refuse to pull the covers back over my head and have a pity party. Like Morelli said, "Never say die." So in honor of restoring my soul and finding a healthy balance, I've decided to do a list of things that make me happy and things that I look forward to in 2006.

1) I really enjoy getting a back massage at the local salon. The table is heated, Christi is the best, and I just feel so at peace and so into myself for at least one hour.

2) I really enjoy a good movie. It doesn't matter if I rent it and see it at home or see it in the movie theater. If it makes me laugh or touches my soul...I hate to see it end. I want the story to last forever.

3) I love it when I walk into the house after work and my boys run to me and hug me and sing "Mommy, mommy, mommy." I love that attention.

4) It's a great feeling when I'm driving down the road and a great song comes on the radio. I bump up the volume a little bit and sing along. That's such a great feeling of delight when the tune makes your heart light and puts a smile on your face.

5) I like British accents. It makes me giggle and feel just a little romantic.

6) I like gardening. I like laboring the dirt, the planting, and tending, and harvesting and finally cooking. The stages of life. (Nothing saddens me more than when someone else feels the freedom to harvest the fruits of my labor. Yes, someone felt the freedom to harvest my fruits this last year - the MIL...I had to say good-bye to my garden when I left the STBX.)

7) I love the colors of the wheat fields. The vivid kelly green of the winter wheat and the reflecting gold of summer wheat.

8) I love Halloween. I love dressing up in silly or dramatic costumes. I like decorating the house with skeletons and candles. I love the thrill of just a wee bit of "scared."

9) Morelli. Morelli makes me happy.

10) A lilac breeze in the summer. Have I mentioned I love lilacs?

11) Key lime pie. The bitter-sweet mixture in a perfect soothing texture that tantalizes the taste buds.

12) A good book. Just like a good movie. I love when I can sink into a book and feel like I personally know all the characters and that I am "involved."

13) Emails from friends. I open my email a dozen or so times a day and I actually smile when I have a little something from a friend.

14) The perfect fit jeans. I struggled with jeans for years but this fall, I finally found a pair of perfect fit jeans. I bought 4 more in different washes. I've never been so pleased with jeans in my entire life.

15) My thick white terry cloth robe. I fell in love with the complimentary robes at a hotel in Baltimore... the STBX bought me an identical one last Christmas (it only took him 4 years.) But none the less, I love stepping out of a hot bath and into my robe and slippers.

16) Livingroom Superstar concerts. I love the voice of Trish Monaco!!! especially when it's a private concert in her living room. Nothing like it.

17) Funny people. I love when I am around sarcastically funny people. Everything's a joke. Imagine an evening with Chevy Chase, Drew Carey, David Letterman, Mike Myers, Will Farrell and George Lopez all at the same table. My jaws and my abdomen would literally hurt for weeks. I love to laugh.

18) Starbucks Venti Caramel Macchiato. Mmmmm... even better when they are given by Morelli.

19) Yoga. I love yoga. I miss yoga terribly. My body misses yoga. But I will have yoga again soon. Can't wait.

20) The perfect fit bra. So far my favorites have come from The Gap. Off the sale rack of course.

21) Watching my kids grow and prosper. They are very creative, funny, smart boys and I love to see them succeed and become.

Things that I look forward to in 2006.

1) Touch. I miss touch. I'd like to have someone that I could slide my cold foot over to in the middle of the night. I have newly acquired standards or boundaries though, so it can't be just anyone. It'll be nice to have my standards met. It may not become reality in 2006...but the search will be fun won't it.

2) A new house. Well, it doesn't have to be "new" it just has to be mine and my childrens home. I'm really looking forward to running my own home again. Making a home for me and my boys to share in 2006. Soon. Very soon. I can feel it.

3) A working business plan. One of my best friends and I have been preparing for a business plan. We've recently dedicated at least one night a week in preparing for our new business. And it'll be coming along nicely. Being our own bosses is in our near future.

4) Good times with new friends. I have a New Years Eve blind date. Honestly, I'm scared as hell. A big group of co-workers and close friends are going out to a comedy club on New Years Eve and I am being set up with "a friend of a friends boyfriend."

5) Yoga. As soon as I'm settled in a new home next year, I will then be close to a yoga studio where a friend instructs. I can't wait.

6) Making the perfect sugar cookies. The MIL passed down a secret family recipe. I've tried twice to duplicate her cookies without succeeding. This year is different. This year I'm determined to succeed...and then I'll mail her (the MIL) and the STBX a box of the best sugar cookies ever. Heheheehe. ahhhh. This is what I have planned for this weekend.

I'm sure there is plenty more I look forward to, but those are pretty much all I have time for... that secret family recipe awaits my attention.

2 Comments:

Blogger freeepeace said...

Ooh, great lists. Lucky you for findin the perfect jeans. I'm still looking. No, scratch that, I stopped looking.

Terry robe. Good movie. TM concert (aww shucks) - we're overdue for another.

Merry Christmas sweetie. Cherish the moments. Create new traditions and memories. Life is just beginning. For all of us.

love you!

10:13 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Okay so I've never seen a wheat field, or the ocean for that matter...BUT I've got one for you.

How about a massage by a hot guy with a british accent? YEAH BABY.

Shoot, he doesn't even have to be hot. I could close my eyes and listen to him talk. (damn I'm bad)

Merry Christmas (late!) and here's to the most awesome year we've had yet (I'm talking next year). I'm ready to get 2006 underway, just because I know its gonna be SO much better than 2005. Ready??

hugs!!
=) kris

6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home