With my hands tied behind my back

It's after the party. The ballroom is littered and empty. I am naked. My hands are tied behind my back. There is no music. The band is long gone. Yet, still I dance. I dance with a smile.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

My "To Do" list that I just can't seem to concentrate on

I'm still in that "Spring Break" mode and I just can't seem to get myself to do anything productive. Will someone please light a fire under my ass? (Although, last night I did make 4 tree onaments out of that "bake and make" clay I bought at the hobby store a few weeks back.) Here's a list of things I should be doing instead of making lists of what I should be doing.

1) Remember those CD's on how to speak Russian? I made it through the first lesson diligently. I think those CD's are in my car. Lately I'd rather sing with Janis than listen to an instructor teach me Russian. My tongue just doesn't roll that way naturally.

2) I need to get 10 more continuing education credits by the end of December to keep my license up to date. Every 24 months, I have to get 24 CE's by way of educational courses or directed reading tests. I have a zillion Radiology magazines either in my bag or in my inbox to read and take the quiz. I read an article last week and did take a quiz on "Aortic dissection"...there's one CE out of the way. Only 9 more to go in the next 3 weeks. Will the next article be "Viral Hepatitis" or "Wet and Dry Laser Imaging?" Ug.

3) I need to wash my Jeep. It's pretty...well, slushy looking. I get free car washes from the dealership I bought from. I just have a stupid phobia about driving thru a car wash. Am I supposed to wait for the green light before I put it in neutral? Should I bring my mirrors in? When is it over and can I drive away? I won't hit the person in front of me will I? Think that's bad...I was in my early 20's before I pumped my own gas. No, I'm not joking.

4) I need to really do some research on my business plan. I'm usually all about research and organization, but for some reason I just can't seem to dedicate the time to it.

5) I need to hand wash my sweater and tights. They've been sitting on my chair for almost two weeks now. Why on earth did I buy something I couldn't throw into the machine?

6) I need to call Lee and see if he can work on my transmission (the Jeeps transmission. Get your mind out of the gutter.) I've (the Jeep) been slipping in 2nd for over a year now. I had a transmission flush last October and that didn't take care of the problem. I think I'm just terrified to put any more money into my Jeep.

7) I need to buy my mother-in-law (whats his names mother) a birthday card. I have to sign it, stamp it, mail it and it needs to arrive to her 4 states away all before Sunday. Especially now that she sent me a very impersonal Christmas card. Something like "We hope you the best." Ack. After 11 years of being her only daughter (in-law) and all I get is a "we hope you the best." Now that's closure for ya.

8) I need to stop at the store on my way home to buy butter for my mom. Mom needs 24 sticks of butter for Christmas cookies. I hate grocery shopping. Hate it. I'd rather head bunt an armadillo. While I'm there I guess I can pick up yogurt, bagels and cottage cheese...my staples.

9) I really need to get my shit out of the house ("our" house that whats his name is living in). I still have lots and lots of things I've accumulated over the last 11 year marriage that I need to put into storage. I need to get it out before it gets his girlfriends cooties on it.

10) I need to finish reading "Boundaries" and "Shadow Dance." Both books are marked about 4 pages in. Self help or fiction...it's a toss up.

11) I need to go thru the boxes of stuff I did take out of the house and look for my little cookie press thingy. The kids want to make Christmas cookies. Um, have you ever heard of "Break & Bakes?"

Okay, STOP...this isn't really doing much for me. I'm going to have to stop before I'm completely overwhelmed. Maybe I should've done a list on things I have crossed off of my "To Do" list... like for example: Retreived all of my important paperwork for my attorney. Signed the kids homework. Washed and put away the laundry. Read all of my favorite blogs. Separated mine and whats his names auto insurance. Took a mandatory parenting class. Made someone smile today. Tried my hardest to figure out how to add blog links to my sidebar...still working on that one. There...that's better...feeling better now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home