With my hands tied behind my back

It's after the party. The ballroom is littered and empty. I am naked. My hands are tied behind my back. There is no music. The band is long gone. Yet, still I dance. I dance with a smile.

Monday, January 15, 2007

Party Planner

Anyone that knows me well, knows I love to plan a party. I get giddy even.
Well, planning my own up and coming wedding reception and let me just say, I'm having a ball!

SLJ wanted to know how it went from going to the court house and off on a honeymoon to, well, this: multiple books from the library about weddings... Wedding Magazines at $5.99 a pop... trying on dresses at the dreaded dress shops with the ungodly amounts of crazy (yes, I do mean crazy) brides to be and their entourage... bags and bags of copper marbles to put in glass vases... special paper for invitations... guest lists complete w/ addresses... floating candles... site visits... insurance... DJ's... catering... cakes and you get my point.

I'm loving it all! All of it. And that's how it went from courthouse documents to booking an opera house... it's only natural. I love to plan a party and I have a damn good excuse this time, so why the hell not.

The first dress shop I walked into (on a Saturday morning) I was a bit overwhelmed. I actually had to register for changing room. Um... why? And so I browsed around the store during the 45 minute wait for a changing room and I heard things like this one bride to be lining up her bridesmaids and saying "No one is allowed to be tanner than I am. Okay. Everyone got it." I was seriously out of my realm here. I had hopped in my car that morning and drove myself to shallow town. I said a quick prayer for the groom and went on my merry way.

Anyone who knows me well, also knows that I like to rebel. Traditional is not my type. Colors... lets go w/ black and creme. No flower girl. Fish net stockings under my dress. Drunken karaoke. And there's more where that came from.

I'm not out to offend anyone... it's just that this is MY party and MY pocketbook.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unhinged said...

Oh, God! It's going to be a BLAST!

2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home