With my hands tied behind my back

It's after the party. The ballroom is littered and empty. I am naked. My hands are tied behind my back. There is no music. The band is long gone. Yet, still I dance. I dance with a smile.

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Can't say no to karaoke

It's unfortunate really, that after a few drinks and lowered inhibitions that I just can't say no to demolishing an otherwise great song.

I had been out dress shopping, was dog tired, nerves on end but still had to go to a retirement party. I'm thinking we'd be in and out within a half hour.

But the beer kept being filled to the rim. And the body kept swaying to the beat. And the mouth kept singing along with familiar lyrics.

And before I knew it, I was up on stage with a mic in my hand singing Welcome to The Jungle...

Good times.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unhinged said...

Haaaaaah! Did you sing the song in a high screetchy voice? (Sheeshus, to have been there with you to hear it.)

I remember how stressful it was shopping for a wedding dress. I wanted to see how I looked in all of the dresses, but I didn't want to walk out into the store and have to stand on one of those pedestals. I like attention (but I don't). I like the limelight (but I don't).

Speaking of karoke: Julie and I once sang HOT CHILD IN THE CITY. I still remember how awful we sounded, but we had such a blast being up there on stage that we did an oncore! GIRLS JUST WANNA HAVE FUN! And the DJ at the club gave us a map of the city.

I wonder what Freud would think ...

11:52 PM  
Blogger Emily Suess said...

I've always been scared of karaoke myself. I consider you one of the brave. :)

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home