With my hands tied behind my back

It's after the party. The ballroom is littered and empty. I am naked. My hands are tied behind my back. There is no music. The band is long gone. Yet, still I dance. I dance with a smile.

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Why the woman smiled at the mirror

She wanted to feel sexy and beautiful
She looked in the mirror only to find her own form starring back
All she could see was the imperfections
Pale skin
Stretch marks
Cellulite
Pimples
Heat rash
So she closed her eyes for a moment and tried to picture what it was he saw
She opened her eyes slowly
Smiled kindly at the woman in the mirror
Confidently walked away from it
And became that beautiful woman he sees

She is not beautiful because he says she's beautiful
She is beautiful because she is beautiful

But his unconditional love wraps her in a warmth that she has never felt
And she thanks him for that

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home