With my hands tied behind my back

It's after the party. The ballroom is littered and empty. I am naked. My hands are tied behind my back. There is no music. The band is long gone. Yet, still I dance. I dance with a smile.

Friday, January 13, 2006

Walk it off

I'm in some kinda funk today. Funky town. Me no like this. I think it started yesterday and now I'm just tryin to shake it.

I dropped the children off to the STBX yesterday. I had to go inside to retrieve the past 10 years of tax returns to make copies. It's weird entering your own "home" that's no longer your "home." Weirdness.

The kids had to show me something cool in "daddys bedroom." Um. Weirdness again. And yah, I caught a glimpse of the framed photo on the night stand. The photo of presumably "daddys new friend." Nice. Walk it off...

As I was leaving the house, the STBX was asking questions and I responded like I had responded for the past twelve years...by starting my response with his nickname "Babe." Ug. Why oh why did I have to let that one slip. Dancer you dumb-dumb. It's okay, walk it off. Just a little mistake, that won't happen again. But why do I have to be the one to do it?

I talked to Morelli on the phone yesterday. Again, just weirdness. I made a mistake and I knew better. I'm still struggling with those boundaries. It'll come in time. It's okay, walk it off.

I met my friend Jen for what was supposed to be a heart healthy work-out. Instead our work out consisted of chips and salsa and lifting our fish bowls of margaritas. It was good. Not very productive, but still good.

I had scheduled a sitter for the kids tonight. I was supposed to meet a friend out to celebrate her divorce after a very long and drawn out battle. Knowing how she feels and knowing how much she needed me there for support, I committed. And frankly, I was very excited. She cancelled the celebration. Some other time. Just a little let down.

So Starbucks has all of their V-Day merchandise out already. I'm dreading the super market. For real, do we have to start with it this soon? I haven't even gotten the boycott paperwork drawn up or made my cardboard sign or come up with some kind of anti-chant. That's it...I'm packing my bags and flying out tomorrow. Move some of those books Sneakz, I'm on my way. You like Jack right? Or wine, I do wine too. Does your bird talk? I seem to talk to animals when I'm drunk.

I had my hair cut today. She's cut my hair for twelve years now. Been friends with her and her boyfriend for years. Last month her and the boyfriend were having some difficulty. This month everything is peachy. Things have worked themselves out. I'm happy for her. Them. It's good.

I had a dream last night that had DK, and the STBX in it. It was a highly emotional dream. Still trying to shake it. I hate dreams like that. Makes me never want to sleep again.

So I'm in this funk. I'm not depressed. I'm not happy. Just funky. Must go now to help my mom decorate my neices b-day cake. How do I get involved in these things?

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Memories. Of the time just after I was separated that I closed my phone conversation with the sing songy "love you!" that I'd done for 4 years before. ::gag:: Awkward silence, throwing up a little..."oops, I mean, well...old habits die hard gottagobye."

Funk's a part of the ride. Just hang on for a bit.

Unless you want me to smack you out of it....heh

=) kris

8:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work Herfrist big cock

11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site 1993 cadillac allante gmac car loan Dayton lasik surgeon antidepressant medication How do i become an insurance agent http://www.celebrex-4.info domain name register Youngblood toyota springfield mo columbus golf http://www.aviscarrental0.info power washers divorce in nevada vicodin Porsche diagnostic protonix forex broker Modalit pay per click hp 3150 ink cartridges Spyware nuker 2005 download

1:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home