With my hands tied behind my back

It's after the party. The ballroom is littered and empty. I am naked. My hands are tied behind my back. There is no music. The band is long gone. Yet, still I dance. I dance with a smile.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Ah man...

I hate when that happens. I saw a fresh bouquet of spring blooms on the desk of someone at work. I commented on how lovely they were. The vivid colors on a grey winter day. They were from her husband. No reason. Just because. "Oh how very sweet." Then she proceeded to tell me about all of the very sweet things he does. Love letters. Notes in her car. Tokens of his undying love. "Oh how beautiful." Then what got me was the proposal...
She had been a divorced mother. Him and her met and dated for four years. After four years, he never proposed, instead he said "What will it be like when we're married?" She shrugged, "Dunno." Wondering if and when they would ever be married. Then he said "you can set the date." That was the proposal...or lack of.
After ten years of marriage, him and her went out to dinner. He opened up a diamond ring box and officially proposed to her. She told me about it today as tears stung her eyes and a smile crossed her face. Yup, that's where the tears got me. I'm usually a cold hearted bitch (ha.)
She looked up at me and said, "He's out there. Just be patient."
Drying my tears as I walked away...I ran into another fellow employee who asked why I was drying tears. Told her about the bouquet on the desk. This fellow employee said, "It'll fall into your lap when you least expect it." Mmm. k. Thanks.

Ah man. I hate when this happens. Ewe. Someone please like gag me with a pitchfork. I don't care. I really don't. Sure it would bring joy to my life if I had a lover. But it's really okay. I know things happen when and how they are supposed to happen. I know patience is a virture that's growing on me. If you want to know about patience, try listening intently (keyword) to a "Nate the Great" book read to you every Monday and Wednesday by your eight year old, without butting in and just reading the damn story to him. That's patience. Try acting very interested as you sit there and watch your eleven year old show you how he can get to the next level on some game on the PS2. That's patience. Try being an adult and living with your space invading mother (who I love and appreciate dearly.)That's patience. Try washing your face with cold water because the parents water heater doesn't work so well. That's patience. Try listening to your very long winded brother concoct some story about how he had to sleep in the barn as a child. That's patience. Try wanting very bad to fly to LA and see your friends, who you haven't seen in a year, but knowing that flight money should be saved and spent on your childrens needs first. That's patience. Try having your house on the market for four months all the while the STBX is living very comfortably there and occasionally having his girlfriend over. That's patience. Try being met at the back door, of your mothers house, everyday by your mother who really wants to talk and all you want to do is pee. That's patience. I've got it mastered. Patience and I are tight. We've got our own club, you've got to know the secret password to join. If one more person tells me to be patient...I will most likely injure them.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unhinged said...

Man, you are on a ROLL! That brain is just going zip, zip, zip, isn't it?

You have patience. In SPADES.

And you're not going to be alone for long. Nope, not you. And just think, this time around, you REALLY know what you want and don't want in a mate.

10:27 PM  
Blogger Abadiebitch said...

Sounds like my husband's proposal (the first one not the 10th year one. One day we were getting married {shrug}}

Preach it about the patience. I loathe watching the video games.....simply loathe, but oh how they want you to know what level they are on.....and I can feel the reading part too.......especially when we have went over a word at least 1000 times before.....but she is a sweetheart...

I even know about the water heater.....

You are a saint...really.

6:26 PM  
Blogger redsneakz said...

Forget this "he's out there" stuff. I am still SO down with you on this Valentine's Day boycott. I'm going to sit at home, read a book, talk to my bird, drink a glass of tea, and go to bed early. Why don't you call me, and we'll have a hatefest together.

6:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Preach it sistah.

Someday we'll miss hearing Nate the Great over and over, or hearing them shreak "this is the song that never ends..."


My mother used to say never to pray for patience or it'll be tested. Ask for serenity, ask for peace, but never ever ask for patience.

Its not my strongest suit either, but all those people are right. It'll come in due time. I swear it will.

=) kris

8:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! Sildenafil vs vardenafil buy diet pill Norfolk isl minivan car rental http://www.picnicbackpacks.info Free advice lucky numbers vide keno machines Vanity cabinet australia Yello pages business yellow pages money earn new york liposuction bextra valdecoxib tablet Baby pants smell Interior designers custome window treatments cholesterol maladies california paintball telephone headsets discount contact lenses Plastic surgeons hurricane supply list http://www.lottery-result-7.info What is a 2005 cadillac srx-v6 nexium Exposed lesbian pussy

3:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home