With my hands tied behind my back

It's after the party. The ballroom is littered and empty. I am naked. My hands are tied behind my back. There is no music. The band is long gone. Yet, still I dance. I dance with a smile.

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Secret recipe


Secret recipe Posted by Picasa

I was actually just playing around with my picture software and figuring out how to upload pics here.
However, this is from Christmas Eve. The somewhat successful attempt at creating the MIL's secret recipe sugar cookies. I am totally not kidding when I say that it is a secret recipe. With good reason. They are the best cookies you will ever savor. I was married to The STBX for five years before I was given the recipe by the MIL. It was a Christmas gift one year. Yup. Totally not kidding. I attempted to re-create them a couple of times without success (according to The STBX's standards.) They are a very challenging recipe. They require much patience. This year, I had to prove to myself that I indeed had the talent and the patience. I succeeded. I kicked everyone out of the kitchen. I played Tori Amos to calm my nerves. I was in the zone. I burnt the first tray, but didn't lose hope. I was going to do this if it killed me.
I did it and it didn't kill me. And when I was done...I could've cared less. I realized that I'm not perfect. I realized I am not the MIL and nor did I ever want to be. I realized I didn't give a rats ass about any gawd damn secret recipe sugar cookies. If I want an excellent cookie, I will find an Otis Spunkmeier.
I suceeded.

4 Comments:

Blogger Abadiebitch said...

I see you dabble in the Betty Crocker Arts! LOL! How lovely. You are beautiful my friend. And the cookies too....

8:17 PM  
Blogger Unhinged said...

Did you just make these today? They look like Christmas cookies!

Lookin' good, there. Woo-hoo!

11:09 PM  
Blogger Unhinged said...

I want to eat one of those secret recipes cookies one day.

3:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! »

4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home