With my hands tied behind my back

It's after the party. The ballroom is littered and empty. I am naked. My hands are tied behind my back. There is no music. The band is long gone. Yet, still I dance. I dance with a smile.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Slut song

I'm disturbed. (Yes, epiphany!)
I decided to listen to a local pop station because I was going mad over some SOS song that Spyder was talking about. So I find this local pop station on the radio and they are playing an Eminem song..."Shake that ass for me. Shake that ass for me." It's really not a delightful song for womens integrity and what disturbs me is that I like it. Wait, no I love it. I turned up the bass, turned up the volume and bounced along down the interstate. Scary. I felt guilty. I got over it.

I finally heard the SOS song Spyder was talking about too..."cause I'm your tiny dancer!"
Um huh, that's right. I'm your tiny dancer baby! Big smiles.

I've been in a terrible mood over the last week. PMS. I've cut sugar out of my diet. 6 days w/out sugar (except for my addiction to sweetened caffeinated beverages like the venti CMacc I had this morning.) Anxiety levels have been vera high. Just stressing about the living situation and the future. Feeling very inadequate as a mother, daughter and friend. When it rains it pours and sometimes there are just no umbrellas around.

Anyways, the anxiety finally broke yesterday.
It might have been the whole ponderance of a watch w/ no hands.
Or it could've been the 10 minutes I spent in the "fake D" (aka tanning bed.)
Or it could've been the Double latte'.
Or it could've been the Bahai prayer I recited with my friends family last night.
Or it could've been the combination of all of the above.
Whatever it was, it broke the anxiety and I'm back to my old tiny dancer half is glass full (half is glass full?) self.

By the end of the prayers, I was re-freshed. I bounced around my friends kitchen doing the dishes, cleaning the counters, sweeping the floors. Then we worked on the business plan a little and I was suddenly amazed at how focused and on task I was. Then I hopped on the interstate and cranked the Eminem up. Made my way to Ohio to visit my SLJ. Had a scorching hot shower. Drank a coupla beers and laughed with SLJ and his Cousin T until about 2:00 am. And I feel great today.

Not much anxiety or inadequecy exists today. I'm calm, cool and collected once more. Trusting the process and bouncing to the bass w/ Eminem's slut song.

4 Comments:

Blogger Gigi said...

Don't feel too badly ~ proud, noble feminist that I am, I too was disturbed when I found myself enjoying "Baby Got Back." But what the hell ~ sometimes, the boys are just irresistible.

Glad you're feeling better. :)

5:23 PM  
Blogger Kris said...

Yes, I will admit that I own and love the Marshall Mathers LP. It's just one of my guilty pleasures.

You're good at taking care of yourself, though. But, I might suggest NOT skipping out on the sugar during PMS (a.k.a Pass My Shotgun). Nothing a hot shower can't cure, either :)

10:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work Barney takes a crap black jack game http://www.ultrasonic-liposuction-surgery-san-jose.info/dealershipferrari.html cisco encryption vulnerability leap Leather car seat cover car finance Hardcore pumping vacuum dodge outaouais store Siemens 3ar1 sf6 circuit breaker hiking club brisbane http://www.karten-roulette.info/gifts-and-collectibles-halloween-stationery.html Chevrolet aluminum heads oil drainback 1982 jeep scrambler

5:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP higher search engine positioning chuuk Company loan uk unsecured Mad thumb shemale Consultation free didrex

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home