With my hands tied behind my back

It's after the party. The ballroom is littered and empty. I am naked. My hands are tied behind my back. There is no music. The band is long gone. Yet, still I dance. I dance with a smile.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

No hands

I just met a man that has no hands on his watch. Why does he wear the watch if it doesn't function like a watch should? Maybe to remind him that it doesn't really matter what time it is.
What if I had no hands on my watch. Would I be anxious all the time, just wandering what time it is. Or would I even care what time it was and just go with the flow?

Does it really matter what time it is? I looked at the clock at 4:00 and then again at 4:30. What did I do that was so important in that half hour? If I want it to be 6:30 so bad, why can't I just do what I would do at 6:30, that seems so important to me, now.

Where was I yesterday at 4:30? Did it matter? Will it matter tomorrow? Tomorrow I might be dead by 3:30 and never see 4:30. Will that hour matter?

Tomorrow I know that my nephews birthday party is at 5:00. I won't be there exactly at 5:00. Would it matter to my nephew if I showed up earlier or later? As long as I brought his gift, I think not.

I also have to be at the office at 9:00. It would most likely matter if I was late, but no one seems to acknowledge when I'm early. Early doesn't count like late counts. Why?

I have my alarm clock set for 6:30. I don't usually get up until 7:00. Does that half hour matter? Did I waste it?

Am I letting the hands on the watch dictate how I live my life? Most likely the answer is, yes. Why? Because of society? Because that's what responsible adults do? Time management.
This watch with no hands has me perplexed. Therefore I must assume that if I wore a watch with no hands, I would indeed be anxious. But is the anxiety equal to that of wearing a watch with hands? I do not know.

Maybe I need a watch with just one hand... then I would be somewhere in between. Kinda caring, kinda not.

This is exactly why I don't read the paper. It makes me anxious.

5 Comments:

Blogger Tammy said...

Time is one of those things that gets away from us whether we watch it or not!!!

7:27 PM  
Blogger Abadiebitch said...

Oooh you must demand my "adult" card back. I gave up a watch about six or seven years ago. I don't know why, but it felt too confining. I am free now, I tell you,...............FREEEEEEEEEEE.....okay, at least until I have an appointment, then I usually suck.

7:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info Why does sex hurt Prescriptions card Free tennis birthday cards cheap calls to malaysia from ireland Volkswagen factory alabama mortgage calculator 1999 nissan stanza Electronic commerce bill and south africa and online Pontiac indian oil on board dealership sign Tamper cover adjustable trip circuit breaker air hockey Free tennis clips Flat panel televisions sharp with pip http://www.sweater-puppets.info/Solomonm-island-traditional-dress.html learn cancer aurora tennis center wta tennis public relations

9:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work Zj jeep Stop smoking alberta

9:47 AM  
Blogger Anamika Anyone said...

Good post! Puts things in perspective.

2:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home