With my hands tied behind my back

It's after the party. The ballroom is littered and empty. I am naked. My hands are tied behind my back. There is no music. The band is long gone. Yet, still I dance. I dance with a smile.

Saturday, February 11, 2006

a lucid dream






I haven't drawn or painted anything for a long time. I used to really enjoy it, but now all I see is a blank canvas and nothing I seem to put there ever seems to feel right.
These pics are of a piece I did last year titled "Upon Reflection of a Lucid Dream." Colored pencils on newsprint...a whim. Nothing special. I did it last February...the pencils just seemed to move in the right spots that day. It's supposed to be of a woman (me) standing naked in front of a mirror and she sees what's going through her head but she just can't seem to grasp it all. Lucidity.
I found this drawing the other day and reflected on it a bit thought I'd share my lucid dream with you. Upon reflection I see that indeed, I have emerged. Whole. New. One. It feels good.