With my hands tied behind my back

It's after the party. The ballroom is littered and empty. I am naked. My hands are tied behind my back. There is no music. The band is long gone. Yet, still I dance. I dance with a smile.

Thursday, February 09, 2006

A whole one

It's okay, I've emerged, detached.It's all okay.What you say.What I say.That's all fine.

She speaks things like I'm two.I know that she doesn't hold a clue.She's never worn these shoes.She's never walked the mile.Her inspiration is over.She did her part.She can't let go.But she will.In time.I've emerged, detached.I will disagree.And that's just fine.Her heart is in the right place.I know she cares.

He doesn't actually listen to me.I just realized that.He says yes and shakes his head, but he doesn't absorb.And that's okay.It was a perfect moment exactly when I needed one.I realized that he most likely can't handle.He's not it.Just another drink, but not the one I ordered.And that's all fine.I'll hold out.I've emerged, detached.

He kisses my neck.Nothing feels better than that.He doesn't judge.I can say it all.What I say.What he says.It's all fine.I realize it's not our time.Or maybe it has been.He helped me walk out.I'd like to think I've helped him too.We're doing our parts.I will disagree.He will leave me and not her.Over and over again.It's all okay.It's exactly how it's supposed to be.He smiles when I say it might be the last time.He will hold my heart forever But indeed it may be the last time.I've emerged, detached.

She drives me insane.Her constant chatter.Her constant judgement.My eyes roll back in my head.Not another day.But it's okay.I love her completely.What I say.What she says.It's okay.I've emerged, detached.

I told him to have a good day.Where did that come from?I didn't plan it.It's just what I said.It's okay.I woke up one day.I will not hate.I will not give.I am in control.I do not sink.I do not expect.He is over.I left.emerged and detached.And it's all okay.

I have never met them. Him, her, him, her, her and him. But I do know them.Kindred spirits.True half selves.Sprinkles all over.Can't hold them all in one place now.One, a la Bono.Cut from the same cloth.I know it's okay to love them.And I do.Truly love them.What I say.What they say.Unspoken, but written.It's all perfect.Too far but so close.Kinda brings it all together.As we emerge all detached but together.Whole.

She listens quietly.She absorbs.She doesn't judge.She counts her blessings.She is beautiful.I make her laugh.We're learning from each other.What I say.What she says.It's all okay.We've emerged, detached.But together.Our time is now.And it's all okay.

I've emerged.I'm detached.I know what I know.I trust it.I thrive on it.I will look back one day acknowledge it at yet another level.Even a higher state of satisfactionI just know that it's all okay.Exactly what I need.Exactly who I am.It's all fine.I've emerged.I'm detached.I'm in love.And I'm okay.

2 Comments:

Blogger Spyder said...

hmmmm am I one of the "hims". cause I "WILL" drive you insane.
but in a good way.

6:43 AM  
Blogger tiny dancer said...

spydie...you know not what you say to a single gal, you tease.

fyi, not that I feel the need to explain my words, BUT all of those paragraphs are about different individuals in my life. Each paragraph a new person or group of people. All tied into me.
Writing that piece, I realized I love my life. No matter how screwed up it may seem to be right now. I'm in love with it. - I'm a long way from where I used to be. Smiling back.

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home