With my hands tied behind my back

It's after the party. The ballroom is littered and empty. I am naked. My hands are tied behind my back. There is no music. The band is long gone. Yet, still I dance. I dance with a smile.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

My Independence Day gift

Quite the Independence Day.
SLJ and I spent the entire day alone. No family, no friends just the two of us.
After a lazy morning, we decided to take a little trip to this little canal town along the Maumee River in NW Ohio. The downtown is quant with antique and gift shops. We browsed around the gift shops and later strolled along the scenic river path. It was a beautiful day and nice just being alone together. When we returned home we decided to catch a movie at the theater and ordered pizza to take home for dinner. We ate our pizza in bed while we watched TV. It was a calm, peaceful, beautiful day.
The highlight: As we were browsing through one of the gift shops in the canal town, a woman in her late 30'S-early 40's, passes by with her husband I presume, pats my arm and says "You're pretty" and walks on. I stumbled out an astonished, barely audible "Thank you." Tears instantly came to my eyes, but I had a huge smile. I couldn't speak for a few minutes for fear of crying but when I told SLJ what she had said he said "See, I'm right by popular vote."
It means so much to me when SLJ tells me I'm beautiful or that I'm "hot," it really does. But when a total stranger, a straight woman even, out of the blue, tells me I'm pretty... It meant the world. If only she knew what that meant to me. What a gift that was. It just kind of wrapped up that last shred of past verbal abuse and hugged it tightly till it disappeared.
Independence.
Healing and such a kind but simple thing to give and receive.
Happy Independence Day!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site
Bill clinton number of pay raises for troops seo Bulk email company directors in venezuela 2006 Search engine money pay false placement Free teens get tricked into sex search engine optimization California gambling law

4:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

2:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site Individual health insurance for dental hygienist Mazda 2001 catalytic converter life cheap calls per minute to turkey Molesworth furniture uss columbus ca 74 10k white gold .12ct circle necklace Importazione infiniti paintball depo Digital underground- the humpty dance song fax wichita municipal court records kansas Ultram dose exceed Carnival singles cruise Juice plus water filters Paintballing photo infiniti g35 kyrgyzstan long stay travel insurance nissan infiniti qx4 zebra area rug faux Armored paintball tank Blonde cumswaping

8:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work Daddies penis face lifts How to make penis hang longer Buy zyban online uk Dell 1700n paper jam laser printer repair russell roberts lawyer in marianna florida Schoolgirls peeing in their pants home decor http://www.mattresses-foam.info Dental care jobs Dosage of ultram Aircraft maintenance jobs australia Suzuki 2005 hayabusa Comparing big cocks is it possible to shrink your penis Generation x investing advice Green stuff oozing out of penis Interracial marriages affects today

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home