With my hands tied behind my back

It's after the party. The ballroom is littered and empty. I am naked. My hands are tied behind my back. There is no music. The band is long gone. Yet, still I dance. I dance with a smile.

Monday, July 03, 2006

for lack of better material

1. I don't know how to use that stupid melon baller thingy. I'm melon baller deficient. SLJ makes it seem so easy. He comes out with these perfect balls of melon, while mine come out like shreds of melon. I just don't get it.

2. We made our first trip to our new local library. Thing 1 bypassed the children section and the Teen section and went straight for the adult fiction/mystery. I walked Thing 2 around the childrens section, pointed out interesting looking childrens books. He picked nothing. So we redevoued with Thing 1 in the adult fiction/mystery where they both proceeded to pick out a book. Which left me confused... Cool that they are past the early reader stage. Not so cool that I have to debate on the rating of the material. Why don't books come with an "E" for everyone or "M" for mature. The rest of the media is rated, why aren't books? I have to rely on what the Washington Post says? As if.
Me... I picked out a book on tape to listen to on my way to and from the job.

3. I constantly forget how good Dannon Carb&Sugar Control Vanilla Cream yogurt is. The stuff is just yummy! But if I open the fridge and have to choose between Edys Tollhouse icecream or Dannons Vanilla Cream... I'm afraid I'll pick the Edys. Why? Afterall I love the Vanilla Cream yogurt that is low in sugar and carbs, but alas, I like my thighs wrinkly.

4. SLJ is good. I could go on and on about him, but I don't think that ever makes for good reading material and HEY, I'm here to entertain, so I won't. Just know that we're good going on 5 months now. He's a gem! He's good to me. I'm very, very blessed.

5. Of course it's raining. We put up the tent in the side yard, washed the camaro and I promised Sneakz it would stop raining. I just, like, cursed myself. I may not be a rocket scientist, but I can make it rain.

6. Things I look forward to:
a. UFC Tito and Shamrock this coming weekend. Right on!
b. Introducing SLJ to Indian cuisine this week. Mid-week dinner planned with another couple.
c. Neck and shoulder massage Mid-week. Woo-hoo! Going to try to rid myself of that Rt. scapula knot once and for all before it lands me another ER bill from back muscle spasms. That last spasm cost me dearly. I could've had at least 8 professional massages out of that. The key is being proactive. YES, this is how I rationalize it.
d. It's PayDay week!

7. Why does it cost $10 to get your credit report? That's something I will never understand. But, I did it. I thought it would be smart to know what's on there being that the STBX and I still have joint debt. Let's just say that I wasn't entirely happy with the debt balances the STBX has been responsible for in the last year while we've been trying to get divorced. I should've been more proactive with putting barriers on the use of credit cards. My own fault I guess. Live and learn. But none of them are in default, so I guess that's a plus. Everything is in order except my first mortgage, that was paid off 3 years ago, still remains on my report. I'll have to take care of that. Here's hoping for an easy correction. Clink, clink.

8. Still waiting for my house to sell. Lowering the price yet again.
Still waiting for my divorce. I just don't get what the hold up is. Seems STBX is dragging his feet for some odd reason or another. At the end of this month we will have been separated for a year (and married for 12. Happy Anniversary.) He's the one that set this whole process in motion, so I'm not understanding the hold up here. (Besides the fact that he's wanting to hang on to the last shred of control.)
Still waiting for the insurance company to process my case of stolen items out of storage. "One to two weeks" has turned into four. Oh but when they want money they aren't so lax.
Still waiting for the clock to strike the big 5:00 so I can leave this dungeon they call my place of employment.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You had to go to work today?! Bwahaha!

Who's Thing 1?

And ... I'm as surprised as you are that you're melon-baller deficient. Shocked, even. Maybe it has something to do with your scapulosity.

4:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! Jc pennys payments online Valtrex pharmacy online Norton firewall cannot access the internet patanol medication Camera digital sony troubleshooting

7:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info Cheap+antidepressants+free+consultation Bamboo moon chairs Diesel fuel pressure washer Federal income tax refund estimator Cows free pop add blocker Videocam nb 300 genius drivers Etcetera dk mp3 players

2:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home