With my hands tied behind my back

It's after the party. The ballroom is littered and empty. I am naked. My hands are tied behind my back. There is no music. The band is long gone. Yet, still I dance. I dance with a smile.

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Is that Island Music I hear, Mon?

Nothing like Tuesday donuts! Mmmm! I heart candy sprinkles.Last night SLJ and myself took a little trip to Jamaica mon. Well, okay, not for real, but the mind is easy to manipulate.I've been in a "the summer is almost over and all I've done is work" crisis, and SLJ had a terribly hot and miserable day so I called on my powers of surrealism and created a oceanside escape for the two of us.The hotel housekeeping sucks, but the contential breakfast and clothing optional swimming pool was fantastic.
Here's how it goes:
In our minds
We enjoyed about an hour of our personal (clothing optional) hottub on the balcony of our hotel room that overlooked the beach.
For Real
We enjoyed about an hour of our personal (once again clothing optional) inflatable pool in our backyard that has a lovely view of the fertilizer plant.
In our minds
We ordered room service and partook in the islands red beer.
For Real
We picked up a large pizza from a local joint and poured a couple of tall, frosty glasses of Coors Light.
In our minds
We smoked some good shit that a few locals slipped us.
For Real
We smoked a generic cigarette purchased at the local gas station (I'm only a social smoker so I choked on a single puff - It was some good shit.)
In our minds
We relaxed under a hatched roof canopy on the beach and listened to the sounds of the ocean and sea gulls.
For Real
We relaxed under the patio umbrella and listened to the robins and trains.
In our minds
We laughed at the assholes we work with because they were still stuck in the 95 degree Mid West.
For Real
We bitched about the assholes we work with while we were still stuck in the 95 degree Mid West.
In our minds
I was the hottest chic on the beach and had a fantastic tan.
For Real
I was the hottest chic in our little train station town and I am pigmentless and have never had a fantastic tan in my entire life.
In our minds
We went back up to the air conditioned hotel room and bought a pay per view.
For Real
We went back in the house and watched a DVD (Out Cold) and ate a bowl of Chocolate Cherry Blast ice cream.
In my mind
I woke up and trotted down to the hotel lobby in my PJ's for the contential breakfast.
For Real
I woke up to my damn alarm clock, showered, dressed, drove 35 miles to work, found the Tuesday donuts in the breakroom.

Tonight...we're going to Puerrrrto Rrrrico.
For real...a couple shots of rum and left over pizza.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohmigaw! I LOVE this! How creative and funny!

In my mind
I have a hard-won, strong, toned body compliments of my The Firm Body Building Basics video tape, and the elliptical machine upstairs.

For real
My legs are hairy and white and my tummy pooch is turning into a Great Dane.

10:32 PM  
Blogger redsneakz said...

Vacation is where we take it :-)

4:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

11:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

7:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! Noaa merchant account wellbutrin and drug interactions Guam refrigerator rv sale China pain relief medication new car warranty playing scrabble online against the computor Recycled lexmark inkjet cartridges running for weight loss is nexium addictive Wedding invitations local Full color business card and photoscom nexium vs prilosec otc nexium 40mg price cheap fioricet Keyword nexium prilosec nexium side effects

6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home