With my hands tied behind my back

It's after the party. The ballroom is littered and empty. I am naked. My hands are tied behind my back. There is no music. The band is long gone. Yet, still I dance. I dance with a smile.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Okay, I suck.

"MOM! Chuck's making fun of me cause I'm wearing red! and Kris said I suck."

Okay damnit, I admit it. I had a great Valentines day. So sue me. I think I deserved a make-up day for last years episode. (Yah, that one when the STBX told me he wasn't attracted to me, ripped my heart out of my chest and made me hyperventilate. And then proceeded to buy me a Fenton Vase. "Here's a clue buddy, I hate Fenton. Your mom collects Fenton. Not me Idiot!)
But Hey! That's all in the past and the Fenton vase makes a nice toothbrush holder. Yesterday more than made up for it. In fact, I've almost completely forgotten about last year. STBX who? (Fucker.)

So, I battled with my committment to the boycott. I'm usually not a conformist. But I caved. Weak little me started celebrating on Sunday when I picked up a few Valentines cards at the store. One for mom and dad of course. And even one for the kids to give the STBX cause I'm nice like that.

Then Monday, my friend Jen got flowers and a balloon at work so I celebrated with a few jumps and giggles and her giddy self.

Which brings me to the dreaded Tuesday. I chose to wear red and pink to work. (Uck! I know. I must've ate some shrooms the night before or something.) I tried to make myself some coffee but it ended up all over the floor. And to my surprise, I stepped in my office at work and there waited a Triple Latte with a little Valentine note from Jen. Already my day was looking bright and wired. I checked my email throughout the day and I had about 5 Valentines sent to me. I felt so loved. Around 10am the receptionist calls me and tells me I need to come up to see her. I got slammed with several patients just then and couldn't make it out of my office. In the meantime about 3 of the nurses called my extention dying to know who the flowers were from.

"What the frell? I got flowers. At work? Huh?" So I finally made it up to check out my flowers around noon. A lovely bouquet of white lilies, red carnations and red roses in a beautiful red frosted vase with a super soft teddy bear attached to it, was waiting for me. I hate to admit this, cause it makes me all sissified...but my eyes watered a bit. I've NEVER received flowers at work. I've only gotten flowers once on Valentines day ever. (Sure, I got a gawd damned Fenton vase once too. Fucker.)

So you're on the edge of your seats to know who the flowers were from aren't you?
They were from Chuck... KIDDING! That boy wore brown all day.

Actually, my bouquet was from SLJ. I've only filled in a select few about SLJ so far. I haven't said much because I'm almost positive he's too good to be true. I thought that if I even mentioned him, then he would most likely just end up being a figment of my imagination. But I can assure you, he's not.

I met SLJ on the online dating thing. We had a date last week. We most definitely hit it off (I've been very good "ma." This one's different.) I think I may have found the other caramel in the box. I hate to say it. I really do. But I think I've found it. I haven't smushed my finger in it yet to see, but I'm pretty sure it's caramel. I'll savor it a bit longer yet.

So anyways, SLJ sent me my very first bouquet of Valentines flowers to work. (Cross that one off the wish list.) But not only did SLJ send me flowers, he also took me to dinner and a movie last night. Like I said STBX who? UPS man who? Fireman who?

Now you guys don't be getting any ideas...You are still committed to your promises of dancing. Tipping Cows. Rendevous in San Diego. I'm not letting you guys off that easy ya know.

And to top the day off... I received a raise at work. Right on. It was a good day. I needed it.