With my hands tied behind my back

It's after the party. The ballroom is littered and empty. I am naked. My hands are tied behind my back. There is no music. The band is long gone. Yet, still I dance. I dance with a smile.

Friday, January 27, 2006

Intro to online dating

So I added myself to a dating website. Why? I'm not completely sure yet. I just did it on a whim and poop...I mean poof, there was my profile and my picture on the web. Yikes! What have I done?
I scanned over some of the mens profiles. Some are completely ridiculous.
Lots of pictures are posted.
A mullet. Pa-leeze. I think someones stuck in the early 80's. (My apologies if you have a mullet. Advice: get a new hair style. Quickly. Go, go now.)

Seriously, I don't need to see your six pack. It's nice yah, but it doesn't do much for me. Oh and I see that your entire upper half is tattooed. Nice, I have a tattoo too...BUT I'M NOT ADVERTISING IT ON MY PROFILE. Oh is that a can of Bud your holding?

And what is it with guys putting their family pics on there. I see you have 3 beautiful daughters, that's lovely, but please take them off the internet dating site.

There are also some punks. One man advertised "No FATTYS please." For real. Did he just throw his shallowness all over the web? That burns me. But then of course I'm sensitive to that. Maybe I should put in my profile "No megalamaniacs please. No chovinist pigs please. No masoganistic men please. No punks who think they are gods gift to the world please. No married men. No meat heads. etc...etc...etc..."

I've had a few messages sent to me via this dating site.
One from a 20 year old. Um, yah. If you can't buy your own beer then I think we might have a problem. I had a good laugh from that one. But then I started thinking about the whole "age difference issue" and decided that judging by age would be very hypocritical of me. (But seriously, fresh out of highschool and can't buy beer yet. Whoa. I've already got two young men to raise, I seriously don't need another.) Although we did have one thing in common... we both live with our parents. hahaha.

Another from a farmer. He was doing good until he said, "woman who doesn't mind a hard days work on the farm." Um...I don't mind outdoor work, but are we talking milking the goat or cutting off hog nuts? Cause I'm seriously not down with that. Not my bag baby.

However, I did meet a man named Andrew through this site. After trading several emails over the last few days, we actually met face to face last night over coffee. Nice guy. Fireman. Seems to have his shit together. We talked for a few hours.
He has been on a few first dates and he mentioned that he wouldn't ever go over to a womans house on the first date. I was curious and asked why not (not that I would meet at someones house for a first date either)... well, seems that he had gone over to a womans house on their first date and in the middle of the movie they were watching...her husband came home. OHHHHH! Wow. Awkward.

There's just all kinds aren't there.

8 Comments:

Blogger Unhinged said...

His name is Andrew? Does that mean he's sometimes called Andy? ::giggle, snort::

I think you should give the farmer a try. Yeah. He might be the love of your life and you, his. And you could talk him out of castrating those poor cows. That's so horrible, I never understood why they have to do that to an animal, especically if it's a guy do the castrating because geeze, you'd think a guy would never do that because of the code. You know? A guy winces at the thought of being ... what's it called when the guy gets an operation to keep the little spermies from their target? ... so you'd think they'd think twice before castrating a male animal, or that at least fall a guy would go down on his knees and beg the cow's (and God's) forgiveness.

No, really.

11:43 AM  
Blogger Unhinged said...

Yup, I make muth senth.

11:44 AM  
Blogger Spyder said...

lol "not my bag". that was funny. (gawd i hope i'm not the only one who saw that)

2:11 PM  
Blogger BosieLadie said...

Blog surfin' lead me to yours... Good luck with the internet dating and Andrew. I actually met my guy online nine years ago this week! ;)

10:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Okay I forgot to tell you I tagged you. I tagged you for yet another online blog game that neither one of us has time for, but it was fun nonetheless. You should play, cuz you love me like that.

Now to the online dating thing. Once you learn the screening process, it can be not only successful but fun as hell. Looks like you're already doing pretty well in that regard.

My good friend has met a lot of her current friends (they weren't boyfriend worthy but they're good friends now) online and had a blast doing it. One of my coworkers has been dating a girl for months that he met on match.com. Just be careful, e-mail for a while before you meet in a very public place, and know which questions to ask.

She also did the speed dating thing, and said that was a blast too. E-mail me and I'll tell you more about it.

You know my history with meeting people online, so I won't go there. I think dating sites are a whole different story. My very best friend met her hubby through a service called "its just lunch", which was kinda fun too.

Enjoy! I think it'd be a blast.

=) kris

12:42 PM  
Blogger Gigi said...

Andrew sounds intriguing, but I do worry about the farmer who's advertising for a field hand/date for Valentine's Day. I fear he will die alone. And hopefully without progeny.

This goes equally (and emphatically) for "no fatties" and "someone to buy beer for me."

Darwin lives.

7:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there! While out blog surfing today for specific info on infomercial as seen on tv, I ended up on your page. Your site shows that I ended up a little off base...funny how we end up finding things while we surf. Should you ever need it, there is plenty of information on this site about infomercial as seen on tv.

8:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it Powerball numbers 72105 Smart coat Celebrex 2bdrug 2binformation information divorce Address patent trademark office washington dc Toyota of cleveland tennessee cheap wholesale hand bags Download cellphone ring digital camera

7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home