With my hands tied behind my back

It's after the party. The ballroom is littered and empty. I am naked. My hands are tied behind my back. There is no music. The band is long gone. Yet, still I dance. I dance with a smile.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Non-conformist. Ha!

Technically I wasn't tagged. But I read a couple of posts that made it manditory that I was tagged if I read them.
So here goes.

4 Jobs
1) Waitress at Ike's. My first job at 16. Mostly served coffee and smiled at derogatory statements from the counter rats. Counter Rats = local senior men who have nothing better to do but drink 25 cent coffee all day and harrass the waitress. I had one of the older gentleman buy my beer for me though. He'd leave it in the landscaping and I would pick it up after I got off work and take off with my friends and a six pack.
2) Waitress at a local pizza place. My best friend and I worked there together. We both quit together too. I walked out the front door and she went around back and met me outside. We really showed them didn't we.
3) Assistant manager at a retail chain. I was 18. My first "real" job. Thats when I learned how much salary pay sucked.
4) Warranty Administrator for a company that made converters for RV's. Very early 20's. Desk job. My co-workers and my boss kicked ass! Company relocated to Mexico. I got a nice severence and college tuition out of it. And the rest is history...

4 Movies I watch over and over and over and over again
1) Like Duh...NIGHT AT THE ROXBURY. "Emilio!" The Butabi Brothers. Just can't seem to get enough of those crazy boys.
2) MOULIN ROUGE. "The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return." When Mr. McGregor pops out in song...OH MY! I get chills. Mmm.
3) ELIZABETH. Always a nice reminder at just how empowered a woman can be.
4) CHOCOLAT. I like the non-conformity in this one. Boycott imorality. As if. Johnny Depp looks pretty damn fine in it too.

4 Places lived
1) Illinois
2) Michigan
3) Indiana
4) & Indiana ...yup, corn fed, white girl.

4 TV Shows
1) Religiously watch LOST. Only because I like Matthew Fox. Doc. I saw him at a lounge in LA ya know. So it's almost like we know each other.
Could really care less about any other TV shows but I don't mind watching the following only because I'm fasinated w/ forensic science:
2) NCIS
3) CSI
4) Cold Case

4 Foods
1) Key Lime pie
2) Coffee. I'm w/ Chuck, it's a staple.
3) Cottage Cheese. Weird, I know, but I crave the stuff. What's even weirder is that I wouldn't touch the stuff until last year. Now I can't get enough of it.
4) Pepperoni Pizza. Can't get enough I can inhale it. I like it even better when the sauce is sweet and the cheese is browned. Mmmm.

4 Places I've traveled
1) Orlando. A weekend trip to an Amway conference. Did the Universal Studios while there. Don't care if I ever go back. Oh and our car broke down on the way and we had to stop at some Floyds repair in Tennesse. That was interesting.
2) Bethany Beach, Delaware. Would love to go see my Teneille again.
3) Los Angeles. That's where I left my heart and my Yakkies.
4) Baltimore, Maryland. Loved the bay! Would have had a better time with better company. Left the STBX sitting in the room for 4 hours while I ventured out.
Turns out I'm a city girl at heart.

4 Places I'd rather be right now
1) In my own place.
2) anywhere with friends.
3) playing in dirt.
4) An address we call our own.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kris said...

I had this old school Nokia phone that my friends would commonly refer to as the "Roxbury" phone because it weighed about ten pounds (or at least looked like it did).

Now I have a nifty Motorola that can record 15 second videos and probably detonate a nuclear bomb somewhere if I pushed the wrong button.

6:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... »

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home