With my hands tied behind my back

It's after the party. The ballroom is littered and empty. I am naked. My hands are tied behind my back. There is no music. The band is long gone. Yet, still I dance. I dance with a smile.

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Welcome to the ballroom

Oh, you knew I couldn't stay away long didn't you...well here I am.
It's a different blog for a different version.
I've stared in the mirror for hours.
I've seen the sign from God, and I replied with an "Okay."
I've cried my eyes out for days.
I've sunk into myself and I've connected.
I choose who and what enters my ballroom.
I choose who dances with me.
Caution: if you dance with me, you must dance naked with your hands tied behind your back as well. No wall flowers.
The band has left. We will only dance to the music that plays in our heads.
Our dances will all be different, but no one will judge. Diversity rules here.
My dance is for me and me alone. I choose my song.
Welcome.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unhinged said...

Do I really have to dance naked? And with my hands tied behind my back? Woman, don't you know how coordination-challenged I am?!

So glad you've decided to join the Blogspot jig, though. I was a bit worried when I couldn't access your Journal, but then you'd said not to worry if you went silent. So I tried not to.

I've sunk into myself and connected, too. Finally. Found some belly button hair, toe lint and a stronger soul than I thought was in there. Hasn't been easy, but I feel like I've learned a lot about myself and that's not a bad thing.

I'm going to chair dance. With my clothes on. I'll be whooping it up over on the sidelines, pseudo-wallflower style. But if it'll make you feel better, I won't wear any shoes.

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home